If a present doesn’t quite tickle your fancy, do not feel guilty by passing it on. If you choose to “re-gift” there is a certain procedure to follow…try these tips and ideas:
- try to wrap a re-gifted item with a new purchase. Buy nice bath bubbles to go with a nail polish set that you received.
- try to organize all re-gift items in one place. you can even organize the items by writing the name of the person who gave it TO you so you don’t GIVE back to the original person who gave it to you–A BIG no-no!
- try to re-gift items with in a 6-12 month period. if you wait too long, you may be giving something that has either expired (lotions, makeup, etc.) or something from last season (a tank top, summer hats, etc.)
- always re-give gifts to those who do NOT know the original owner.
- do not give used gifts as a re-gift. the item should be new, never opened.
- always re-wrap the present. it keeps it fresh and you will feel like you are giving something new:)
- always remove old “to” tags, cards, and/or gift receipts that may be enclosed.
Always remember–it is the thought that counts!