Most of us look forward to living many years experiencing happiness and contentment.
We hope to live the lives that we have dreamed of—a life of happiness… Life is captured in moments ingrained in our memories, so we should make each moment count with acceptable actions that work toward our goals. The following are some tips and practices that will promote happiness in your life:
1. Set a good example. Live a life that embraces fairness, sincerity, thoughtfulness and caring. Younger people, as well as adults, are impressed with those who have principles and stand up for what is right.
2. Be thankful. Life is to be enjoyed. Part of that enjoyment is accepting blessings with appreciation and gratitude.
3. Avoid anger. Someone once said “Anger is like throwing stones at a bee hive; you may be surprised at what happens.” Bouts of anger imply no control, a situation usually resulting in regret and disappointments. Often an angered person loses friends, partners and others. No one likes to be caught in a web of uncontrolled anger.
4. Be POSITIVE. It is easy to become discouraged always thinking the worst is to come. Financial problems, health concerns, and family troubles, at times, make life seem onerous and burdensome. Review life achievements, friendships and other assets. Gain control and see the good in your life and in the lives of others.
5. Live with self-discipline. Developing self- discipline means learning to say “no” to situations that might damage physically or mentally. Many decisions are made daily. Distinguish those that are beneficial from those that are harmful. Control your life with thought, intelligence and zeal.
6. Work against self-pity. Feeling sorry for yourself is a solitary occupation which doesn’t impress or attract friends. Develop self-assurance based on your past accomplishments and accentuate the positive aspects of your life.
One last thing…accept what you cannot change. Change the things you can:)