What is a CHAFFLE?
A #chaffle is a mini waffle made with egg and cheese. Chaffles became an overnight sensation and it has changed the world! MINE SPECIFICALLY!!! It is super easy and is only 2 ingredients and you can do so much with them! It is literally crispy egg and cheese made in a mini waffle maker that mimics crispy bread or a bun! You can use it for Sloppy Joes, Salmon Burgers, hot dogs and hamburgers or just with a keto breakfast.
It seems that overnight, Chaffles popped into the low carb world, and now they are here to stay. With an incredibly easy base recipe, your imagination is the only limit to the number of different recipes you can make. While I did not originally create this recipe, it began to pop up in facebook groups everywhere. To make it easier to find, I am posting all the info I have in one place. I’ve been testing many different variations to this recipe but wanted to make sure and post the original chaffle recipe for those looking for a keto-friendly bread that is low in carbs for the ketogenic diet.
What do I Use to Make This Chaffle Recipe?
While a standard waffle iron would work, the Dash mini waffle maker is amazing for these! They make “EGGO” sized waffles (about 4 inches) and my kids love it! NOT TO MENTION how affordable it is! You can get it on AMAZON HERE!
Once the waffle maker is hot, all you need for 2 chaffles is 1 scrambled egg and a 1/4 cup of cheese. You can mix them together in a bowl or (like I do in the video below) start with placing a pinch of the cheese on the griddle and then adding half of the egg on top of the melted cheese and adding another pinch of cheese to the top of the egg before closing the waffle maker. You can use any cheese that you want but I prefer mozzarella for a mild chaffle taste that I can make into so many different recipes! It takes about 2-4 minutes to fully cook the chaffle–the longer the more crispy!
Fun Ways to Change the Traditional Chaffle Recipe
- Use various cheeses for a different taste like Colby, Cheddar, Monterrey Jack and more!
- Add seasonings to make it taste different; garlic powder, onion powder, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, cinnamon and more!
- Add a tsp. of coconut flour, a tbsp. of almond flour or 1/4 tsp. of baking powder for a breadlike/muffin texture
- Add salsa, green onions, jalapenos, bacon bits or other bits of delicious foods.
- Add sweetness with sugar-free keto-friendly sweeteners like Lankanto Monkfruit, Swerve or Stevia to make a sweet chaffle.
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Heat waffle maker
- Add a pinch of cheese to the hot surface
- Add 1/2 of the egg mixture to the waffle iron
- Add another pinch of the cheese on top of the egg.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes; for a more crispy chaffle leave longer; for a softer chaffle leave less time.
PIN AND SAVE FOR LATER!!!